StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
Our client is aggressively recruiting an Acoustic Engineer. Contract Manufacturer experience STRONGLY preferred.
The client is a publicly traded leading contract design and manufacturing company with a specialization in electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies. Our customers include, Military, Medical, Biotechnology and Aerospace companies that are highly regulated with specialized needs.
This position provides knowledge and understanding of acoustic engineering principles, concepts, and practices. Responsibilities may include, design, and test of complex acoustic designs and concepts in the sonar area. Work closely with engineering and functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of resources.
Major responsibilities Include:
- Use Company policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
- Design underwater hydrophones and/or active and passive transducers utilizing cylindrical ceramics. flexural disks, cantilever beams, and geophones.
- Design, model, simulate, and test complex acoustic transducers.
- Assist engineering with design modification of acoustic subsystems and systems for development.
- Support designs with analysis, simulations and calculations.
- Prepare drawings/documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
- Conduct in-house tests, under guidance of other engineers.
- Apply Risk, failure and root cause analysis involving acoustics as required.
- Provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate Engineering Change Notices; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May provide training and/or direction to technicians.
- May provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- May provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- May require participation in product field tests requiring travel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, utilize proper personal protective equipment.
- BSEE; acoustics, physics, or related field. 0-4 experience.
- Must be familiar with piezoelectric materials and associated applications.
- Experience with transducer potting materials such as epoxies and urethanes.
- Knowledge/experience with development, building and testing of acoustic transducer assemblies and systems.
- Experience with simulation and computational programs (e.g. Mat Lab, Mathcad).
- Knowledge of Modal Analysis and FEA techniques. ANSYS and/or PZFlex experience a plus.
- Pluses include shock and vibration testing, designing for shock and vibration, experience with flow noise.
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
- Experience in generating design documentation, and technical reports.
- Ability to write proposals and participate in presentations.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters.