StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
Our client is aggressively recruiting a Director of Supply Chain Management. Contract Manufacturer and/or OEM experience STRONGLY preferred.
This position requires U.S. citizenship. Upon employment all employees will have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Please contact John Timms @ email@example.com
This position is responsible for the overall management of the procurement function, production planning, inventory control, shipping & receiving and the material proposal group. Key aspects include establishing strategic agreements and partnerships with key franchised suppliers, obtaining the best pricing and delivery available and implementing and maintaining systems that will provide accurate material tracking and forecasting.
- Key responsibilities include directing multiple facets of supply chain management including, demand management, production planning including establishing demand pull systems for internal suppliers as well as external suppliers, NPI, capacity planning, cost reduction, material quoting/forward pricing, contract negotiation, logistics, warehousing, inventory management and controls to support multiple product value streams and markets.
- Establish strategic direction for Supply Chain organization to ensure business growth as well as cost, quality delivery and working capital objectives are met.
- Implement inventory programs designed to minimize inventory exposure to the company and reduce the lead-time of product to our customers.
- Implement programs for cost reduction and lead-time reduction that support company objectives. Measure and report on project status internally as well as to the customer. Provide forward material price quotes and projections to support new business initiatives.
- Develop and implement programs to maximize schedule flexibility, while minimizing inventory exposure and maintaining performance to cost targets.
- Lead purchasing and production planning activities associated with New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts. Support Design for Supply Chain strategy for new products as well as new global supplier sourcing.
- Identify priorities for Continuous Improvement initiatives using Lean principles. Facilitate, sponsor and direct resources for these initiatives to ensure improvements objectives are realized.
- Provide leadership to the team to deliver results.
- Administers all Human Resources programs and policies (including selection, promotion, transfers, salary administration and termination) without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicap).
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline of Supply Chain management; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of Material Management/Supply Chain leadership experience in a progressive multi-national manufacturing environment (contract manufacturer or OEM in regulated industries)
- Extensive experience in implementation of progressive production management systems (Lean, Kanban/min max, demand pull systems, POU supermarkets, etc.)
- Excellent inventory management skills that ensure good asset turnover consistent with “world class” production, customer service and purchasing economies
- Extensive experience in negotiating strategic agreements and partnerships with key global suppliers as well as specific negotiating skills to achieve favorable prices, services, subcontracts, lead-time reduction and managing supply risk
- Experience leading purchasing activities and resources associated with site NPI efforts. Coordinate new supplier development, new item and critical sourcing risk activities with supplier quality organization
- Experience in leading Continuous Improvement programs/projects, providing department leadership, setting organization and individual goal including key performance metrics in all areas of responsibility
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent people management and leadership skills. Ability to lead the team setting aggressive goal and expectations, while motivating them effectively in achieving these goals
- Experience with an MRP system (prefer Baan or Plex)
- CPM, APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or other industry certifications desired