Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Morgan Recruiting Group
Posted on Nov 13
IT Infrastructure Engineer (location level)
– This person works under IT Operations Manager and works with the various labs around the United States. They are the go-to for Field Service Techs next level support and knowledgeable of software, hardware and HIPAA, GXP, GMP and other lab required compliance activities
IT Infrastructure Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
· Develops, coordinates and directs the implementation of standardised applications, technologies and processes, which optimise the cost effectiveness and reliability of IT services and resources.
· Serves as the primary point of contact for internal/external customers, project sponsors, contracted vendors and/or consultants, for escalated tickets from the IT Service Desk or dedicated changes or projects or other specific defined tasks.
· Follows the incident, change and problem management process.
· Proposes process improvement where needed for both IT Service Desk and Operations.
· Prepares and presents reports defining service metrics, project progress, problems and solutions for executive management, as needed.
· Is a contributor in the development of budgets.
· Ensures proper and up to date asset management and inventory.
· Provides 24x7x365 technical support of relevant infrastructure, applications, systems and process.
· Efficiently identifies and resolves system, application or process issues, escalates, reports and documents when needed.
· Provides (scheduled) onsite support at various operation locations when needed.
· Serves as a technical resource for IT Service Desk.
· Serves as a subject matter expert to customers in identifying and defining their business needs.
· Provides outstanding customer service.
· Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
· Meets KPI(s) on all areas of responsibility
· Reports weekly on progress to the IT infrastructure Operations Manager of the region and escalates if required.
The ideal candidate would possess
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
Minimum of 3 years experience with supporting Windows operating system, VMware, SANs, LAN/WAN
Terms of Usage
Communications-Industry.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)