StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Our client is aggressively recruiting a RF Test Engineer.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Test Engineering. Assist in all areas of Test Engineering and Test Development Process / Methods. Work closely with customers to aid in the test development process. Perform the duties of Test Liaison to all other departments. Very hands-on and interaction with customers
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific RF Technology Skills:
- Interface directly with customer engineering personnel and management personnel to develop efficient, sound and cost effective test strategies.
- Provide production test support for new product introduction, training and troubleshooting.
- Maintain test setups, equipment and create test procedures. Maintain and program ATE equipment: Takaya, Boundary Scan, NI LabView, NI TestStand, JTAG Tools.
- Create test department metrics.
- Knowledge of Transmitters, Receivers, Radar Systems and Power Splitters.
- Knowledge of RF Design Tools is a plus.
- Working Knowledge of Different RF Circuits as Mixers, Attenuators, Amplifiers, PLL and Filters.
- Familiarity with Up and Down Convert schemes.
- Knowledge of IMD, IP3 and Phase noise testing.
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting down to component level using schematics.
- Ability to use various types of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power meters…etc.
Education and/or Experience:
BSEE, or equivalent from a four-year college or university. Prefer five to seven years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.